Welcome to Alston Ashby Solicitors

We understand that seeking legal advice and assistance whether to buy or sell a home or business, to make a will, if you have lost a loved one, for court proceedings or any other legal procedure is often a harrowing and upsetting prospect.

At Alston Ashby we strive to make things as easy as can be and believe that personal contact with our clients wherever possible in a friendly relaxed and informal atmosphere is essential to giving the professional help that is needed.

We all live in a society that moves ever faster. With many legal firms you may never meet your lawyer face to face so that you can make your needs and wishes known. We believe that the old values of personal service can be merged with modern business practice to give the best of both worlds and this is our aim.

Alston Ashby are a well established firm of solicitors in the Medway Towns in Kent with extensive experience in most areas of the law, providing a wide range of legal services for our clients under one roof. If you need to talk please contact us.


Selling Property
We can arrange the sale of your house from obtaining valuations, commissioning an Energy Performance Certificate for you, marketing the property to find a Buyer and then do the Conveyancing for you, taking the transaction forward to completion of the sale. We can even deal with the transfer of services (gas, electricity etc) to your new home and arrange your removals.
Buying Property
We can advise on the steps you will need to take. We can arrange a valuation/survey for you, can put you in touch with an Independent Financial Adviser for your mortgage and can guide you through the legal process, carrying out the Conveyancing of the Property into your name. We can even set up transfer of services (gas water electricity etc) and Council Tax so that the move is as painless as possible.
Renting Property

We are able to offer a comprehensive package to Landlords for short term residential Tenancies, including advertising for tenants, preparing tenancy agreements, management and rent collection/recovery. Landlords can mix and match, to take advantage of a total package or you can pick and choose individual services as required.

Wills and Probate

We are commonly asked to prepare wills for our clients . A home made will can sometimes have results that you did not intend. We can advise and prepare a will for you professionally to properly record your wishes, so why not contact us to discuss your requirements.

 Find out more

When sadly a loved one passes away relatives are often unsure what to do especially at a time of grief. We can  guide those who need assistance in the winding up of  the affairs of the person who has died,  We aim to offer a helping hand and can take the burden off your shoulders if you feel it is too much to manage.



Energy Performance Certificates

From the 21 May 2010 the government suspended Home Information Packs. Now you do not require a HIP to sell your house although you must still obtain an Energy Performance Certificate. An Energy Performance Certificate must be commissioned when you place your property on the market.

The standard rate of  VAT increased to 20% on the 4 January 2011

From 6 April 2011 The Rate of Stamp Duty Land Tax increases to 5% for residential property purchases of  over £1,000,000